Personal Injury Lawyer Georgia
Being injured due to someone else’s negligence or intentional acts can completely disrupt your life in numerous ways. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be unable to work or even enjoy the activities you once did.
Getting back on your feet is important, but you also want to ensure the person, or parties, responsible for your injuries compensate you for your damages. Handling all this can be overwhelming and increase an already stressful situation.
This is one of the reasons why retaining a personal injury lawyer Georgia can help. At Shani O. Brooks P.C., we focus on helping injured victims get back on their feet while protecting your rights and getting you the fair compensation owed to you.
When you are involved in an accident or incident that is due to someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses (current and possible future): This refers to the costs associated with medical treatment for severe injuries sustained in the accident. It includes both current medical bills and any anticipated future medical expenses that may arise due to ongoing treatment or rehabilitation.
- Property damage: This covers any damage caused to the individual’s property as a result of the accident. For example, in a car accident, it could include damage to the vehicle.
- Loss of earnings (current and possible future): This pertains to the income that the injured individual has lost or may continue to lose due to being unable to work as a result of their injuries. It includes both current lost wages and potential future earnings that may be affected by long-term disabilities or limitations.
- Pain and suffering: This encompasses the physical and emotional distress experienced by the injured individual as a result of the devastating accident. It includes not only physical pain but also any emotional trauma, mental anguish, or loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages (in very limited circumstances): Punitive damages are awarded in rare cases where the negligent actions were particularly egregious or reckless. Unlike compensatory damages, which aim to compensate the injured party for their losses, punitive damages are intended to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar behavior in the future.
What Types of Losses Fall Under Georgia Personal Injury Law?
There are a number of different types of incidents that fall under the general area of personal injury law. Some of these include:
- Car accidents
- Large truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle or Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Dog bites
- Slip and falls
- Defective products
When faced with such challenges, our personal injury lawyer Georgia services can help provide invaluable support and guidance, ensuring that you receive the representation you deserve. Our skilled team is dedicated to helping individuals in Georgia navigate the legal representation process and seek fair compensation for their injuries and losses.
When to Retain a Personal Injury Lawyer Georgia?
If you can, it’s best to retain a personal injury lawyer Georgia right away. You should not deal with the other party’s insurance company on your own if you can avoid it. If you attempt to settle with them directly, you may lose out on a larger settlement and you could potentially surrender your rights.
While it may seem logical to settle your case early on and get money to help cover bills, you will be required to sign a release of all claims. This means that if you settle right away and your doctor says you need additional treatment or your injuries don’t resolve in the time expected, you cannot go back and ask for additional compensation.
In the event you try to settle on your own and your claim drags on, you could inadvertently miss the statute of limitations. Georgia law says you have a certain amount of time to bring a lawsuit against the at-fault party. In the event you miss that date, the other side is under no obligation to keep negotiating with you or offer you any settlement. When you retain a personal injury lawyer Georgia, your attorney will handle all that for you so you can concentrate on getting better and back to your normal life.
Why Choose Shani O. Brooks P.C. to Represent You?
Shani Brooks is an attorney with over a decade of experience in personal injury matters. He has the necessary skills to provide compassionate support while aggressively pursuing the at-fault party to get you the compensation you deserve. We are a boutique law firm providing personalized attention to each and every client, no matter how big or small your case might be. Other reasons to work with us include:
- Proven Results with Personal Injury Cases: Shani O. Brooks P.C. is an Atlanta personal injury lawyer Georgia law firm that consistently achieves positive outcomes for injured persons or parties throughout Georgia, particularly in rideshare accident cases.
- Skillful Representation: The quality legal team prides itself on handling each injury accident case with skill and diligence, ensuring that individual clients receive the personalized attention they deserve from their dedicated Atlanta personal injury lawyer Georgia Brooks attorney at law.
- Specialized Expertise: With a focus on personal injury cases in Atlanta, including areas like Sandy Springs, Stockbridge, and Buckhead, our firm brings a wealth of legal experience and expertise to various cases, including injury accidents. Trust our Atlanta personal injury lawyer Georgia lawyers for specialized representation.
- Comprehensive Support for Accident Victims: For victims of motor vehicle accidents, especially rideshare incidents, the firm understands the need for full and fair compensation to cover medical treatment expenses and support families. Their Atlanta personal injury lawyer Georgia Brooks Law Office is dedicated to helping potential clients secure the financial compensation they deserve.
- Client-Centric Approach: Shani O. Brooks P.C. maintains a client-centric approach, ensuring that business clients involved in personal injury cases and are kept informed throughout the legal process, and providing peace of mind during what can be a challenging time.
If you need assistance with a personal injury matter in the greater Atlanta area, contact Shani O. Brooks P.C. at 404-920-4736 today to schedule a consultation. Let us fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims in Georgia
Q: What is a personal injury claim?
- Personal injury claim is a legal case filed by an individual who has been injured due to the negligence or intentional actions of another party. The goal of the claim is to seek compensation for the damages suffered as a result of the injury.
Q: What types of damages can I recover in a personal injury claim?
- In Georgia, you may be able to recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and in some cases, punitive damages. The exact damages available will depend on the specifics of your case.
Q: How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Georgia?
- In Georgia, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of the injury. It’s important to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to ensure your claim is filed within the required time frame.
Q: Do I need a Personal Injury Lawyer Georgia firm for my personal injury claim?
- While you are not required to hire a lawyer for a personal injury claim, having legal representation can significantly increase your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal process, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
Q: How much does it cost to obtain personal injury lawyer Georgia services?
- Most personal injury lawyer Georgia services work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if they successfully recover compensation for you. The fee is typically a percentage of the amount recovered, so you don’t have to pay anything upfront.
Q: What should I do if I’ve been injured in an accident?
- If you’ve been injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately. Report the accident to the relevant authorities, gather evidence such as photos and witness statements, and contact a personal injury lawyer Georgia firm as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
Q: Can I still pursue a personal injury claim if I was partially at fault for the accident?
- Yes, Georgia follows a modified comparative negligence rule, which means you can still pursue a personal injury claim even if you were partially at fault. However, your compensation may be reduced based on your percentage of fault. Be sure to consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer Georgia firm to get the full details.
Q: How long does it take to resolve a personal injury claim?
- The time it takes to resolve a personal injury claim can vary depending on the complexity of the case and the willingness of the parties to negotiate. Some cases can be resolved quickly through settlement, while others may require litigation and can take longer to resolve. Make sure to contact your Personal injury attorney Georgia firm for more info.